Monday 14 July 2014

We are still at Bridge five but have now moved over to the other side of the canal onto the hire boat moorings (who's engineers are also going to fit the new drive plate for Rcr ) when it arrives , might be on  Wednesday now which is better than one estimate we were given  of next week .Just  our luck to have the engine /gearbox with the unusual interface !! apparently Beta did change things on a regular basis
Al least we now have access to electric , water and waste disposal facilities , every one here is very helpful .
Earlier on today I tried to ring the canal river trust to inform them that we may have to over stay on our mooring I rang the 0303 etc no the operator transferred me to the regional enforcement officer whos voicemail told "Iam on holiday till the 14th please ring 0303 etc" so I did the operator then put me through to the regional supervisor whose voice mail said I am on holiday till the 7th ????? Please ring 0303 etc" so I did and the operator told me " they forgot to  change their messages !!! I will get supervisor to ring you back
Guess what I am still waiting good job there wasn`t a leaking canal  bank , I think of the little dutch boy with his finger in the hole could have  been me

No comments:

Post a Comment